Saturday 15 May 2010

Thanks for your support

Sorry not to have posted this before, but having been more successful in the Local Elections than the National ones, anyone who knows Local Government will know that I've been busy...

During my campaign, I've been contacted by over 100 different people. A lot of them were simply lobbying for my support, but a significant number of new people offered help.

That is on top of assistance in innumerable ways from people who were there before. It would be invidious or embarrassing to name them, but there has to be one exception, Judith Brooksbank, my agent.

Named or mostly not, I'd like to thank them one and all.

I'd also like them to take pride in their efforts: still third place, but with over 1,500 more votes and a higher share too. In 2005 I was pleased to have beaten the BNP leader into 4th place. I'm even more pleased to have beaten his deputy (and the National Front and UKIP) by an even bigger margin. Last time it was by 12% to 9%. This time it was 15% to 7%, even when you add all those three together.

Once again, thanks to everyone who helped.

No comments: