Wednesday 26 May 2010

Another Council Year Begins

It's been a while since I posted, but I have been as busy as ever.

I've had a busy few weeks this spring, fighting a general election, fighting to hold on to my council seat in Calderdale, dealing with the aftermath of both elections.

The general election, as I posted before, was actually quite a good result. We consolidated our third place, we increased our vote and our share of the vote, again!

This needs to be repeated our vote went up to over 7,000, that is the highest for nearly quarter-of-a-century in the heady days of the old SDP/Liberal Alliance.
It was also the third highest vote since the war, at 15%.
Furthermore, while the Lib Dem vote went up nationally by 1%, ours in Keighley went up by three times that.

All goes to show that with the right message, the right team, and hard work we can be successful.

Oh and in my council seat? Well, we managed to turn a majority of just 53 votes into a whopping 1,200.
My 2,775 was the highest Lib Dem vote on the night, and indeed the highest EVER Lib Dem/Liberal vote in the history of Calderdale.

No comments: